Cheval Three Quays, Tower Bridge
Leman Locke aparthotel by SACO
Space is limited to 50 attendees maximum and only available to conference attendees
Email email@example.com to secure your place.
The region's only b2b conference for the serviced apartment, branded residence, aparthotel, corporate accommodation and short-term rental sectors. Topics covered include investment, design, mobility, the impact of the Brexit vote, finance, recruitment, planning, technology and revenue management.
Make around 30 new business contacts in just 45 minutes at the quick-fire business card swap - frantic and fun!
Get some serious networking done pre-conference at Leman Locke, the latest aparthotel brand.
Limited places available.
Sponsored by PROCLAIM Communications
Join us at Treves and Hyde, Leman Locke, 15 Leman St, Aldate, London E1 8EN for a Summer party evening.
Take in the stunning location whilst networking with your fellow delegates and the opportunity to make new business contacts over some light bites over a drink or two.
Registration will be open throughout the day. Take a look around the exhibition stands - they will be there all day.
Welcome from event host Georgina Burnett, and Piers Brown outlines the results of the first Serviced Apartment News sentiment survey
Trevor Williams, Economist
George Titlow of STR provides the latest serviced apartment performance update (Hotel v serviced apartment, Airbnb impact), supply v demand.
Nicole Perreten of HVS outlines the key findings from the latest HVS report released at today's conference, - general trends, survey results and transaction evidence.
Who is investing in the European serviced apartment sector? Why and where are they looking to deploy funds?
• Vedrana B. Riley, CEO, Ciel Capital
• Max Thorne, Managing director, JLL
• Dominic Seely, Director - Acquisitions, Westmont Hospitality
• Andrew Harrington, Partner, AHV Associates
Engage with our exhibitors over a coffee and a pastry
Does it feel sometimes like you're being stretched in a million different directions, and perhaps not performing at your very best at home or at work. Well, you're not alone! In this 'new normal' business environment of constant change - combined with our demanding personal lives - feeling overwhelmed is more common than you might think. Discover the strategies that result in high performance AND well being.
Masterclass by Christine Brown Quinn
Industry leaders dive deeper into the key findings of Serviced Apartment News' industry sentiment report and look to the future of their businesses.
Moderator: Piers Brown, CEO, IHM
• Guus Bakker, CEO, Frasers Hospitality
• Sean Worker, CEO, BridgeStreet Global Hospitality (tbc)
• Tom Walsh, CEO, Staycity Aparthotels
• Karim Malak, CEO Aparthotel Adagio
• George Westwell, Cheval Residences
Operators, owners, agents and OTAs discuss the evolving nature of distribution
• Eric-Jan Krausch, CEO, Acomodeo
• Riccardo Zappia, CEO, Akkom
• Google (tbc)
• Jason Grist, area manager - UK, Booking.com
A panel of innovators from the short-term rental space discuss the rapidly evolving sector.
Moderator: Shomik Panda, founder and managing director, Inline Policy
• Nakul Sharma, CEO, Hostmaker
• Mark Spencer, business development, Tripping.com
• Carl Michel, chairman, Veeve
• Boaz Beeri, European director, Sweet Inn
Sponsored by Maxxton
Owner / operator, management company, lease / franchise - there is a huge range of choice for property owners when it comes to the day-to-day running of serviced apartments and aparthotels. Which is right for your property?
Moderator: James Chappell, Global business director, Horwath HTL
• Andrew Shaw, AVP development UK&I, IHG
• Andrew Hunter, Director Europe, Adina Apartment Hotels
• Simon Wolford, Development director - UK, Staycity Aparthotels
• Asli Kutlucan, Director - hotel development and hospitality, Cycas Hospitality
Join marketers from Maxxton; GuestRevu; Krim Texel - leading leisure group from the Netherlands; and Ralley Mountain Lake Vacations from Maryland, USA in an open format discussion focussed on sharing best practise between sectors, ideas and trends.
Sponsored by Maxxton
• Lori Livingston, marketing director, Ralley Mountain Lake Vacations
• Jolanda Kamphuis, CEO, DeKrim-Texel
in conversation with:
• Francine Heywood, director of sales and marketing, GuestRevu
• Séverine Obertelli, head of sales and marketing EMEA, Maxxton
Financing business growth: challenger banks and crowd-funding are just two of the newer finance routes in the sector – how are they growing, and what are the benefits and limitations? What is the attitude of mainstream lenders to serviced apartments, and how is their stance evolving?
Facilitator: Diane Scott, senior hotels consultant, Katten Muchin Rosenman UK LLP
• Trevor Morris, debt finance director, OakNorth Bank
• Tony Burnell, relationship director, Hotels, Lloyds Bank
• Patricia McNicholas, senior relationship manager, Allied Irish Bank (tbc)
• James Lapushner, managing director, Anacott Capital
Refuel and recharge.
The hospitality and extended-stay industry stand at the center of a number of major currents in the privacy and data protection world: a growing need for, and use of, guest data to personalize and simplify guest experience; the appeal to cybercriminals of databases that contain a combination of personal information and financial information; the guest- and business-centric focus of industry information technology systems, which sometimes makes security secondary; and an increasing focus by regulators on privacy, data protection and limiting international data transfers. This session focuses on identifying and balancing some of the factors at play for serviced apartment and extended-stay providers, including: common security vulnerabilities; key steps to preparing for, and responding to, a data breach or ransomware attack; addressing the upcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), that will force companies that collect information from EU residents to institute specific controls and procedures; and lessons from real-world events.
• Presentation by Doron Goldstein, Partner, Katten Law
Innovative companies disrupting the serviced apartment and short-term rental sectors pitch their product to a panel of industry experts – each member of the audience has a fictitious £50million to invest across the companies looking for investment, who will be the winner?
• Katia Lang, Co-founder at Disrupts Media and FintNews.com
• George Sell, editor-in-chief, International Hospitality Media
• James Eder, founder and chief collision creator, Causr.co
• Marco Scipinotti, CEO and founder, B2book
• Marc Figueras, founder, Key Nest
• Mark Peacock, founder and director, snapdup
Property developers outline the challenges they face in today's environment.
Moderator: Russell Kett, Chairman - London, HVS
• Peter Heule, CEO, Short Stay Group and Yays
• Chris-Norman Sauer, head of hotel development GBI AG
• Stewart Kendall, Residential director, British Land
• Michael Bibring, Non-executive director, Lester Hotels
What role do serviced apartments and extended stay play in mixed-use, dual branded and PRS / build to rent developments? Panellists discuss the benefits and challenges faced. A focus on the mixed use ‘stack’ and diversification of yield, and the various roles of operators, owners, property managers and investors.
How are corporate attitudes to short term rental v serviced apartments v aparthotels v hotels shifting based on traveller requirements and preferences in an increasingly uncertain business environment? How is the relocation industry adapting to technological advances and changing customer attitudes.
Moderator: Mark Harris, director, Travel Intelligence Network
• Kevin Carr, group corporate services, global travel management, UBS
Meet our exhibitors over a coffee.
Innovation and concept development in the traditional hotel companies versus the aparthotel / extended stay hotel sector. Smaller units, more communal space and F&B for non-residents are the hallmarks of this new wave of brands.
Moderator: Jonathan Humphries, CEO, HoCoSo
• Paul Rands, VP development, BridgeStreet Global Hospitality
• Eric Jafari, Managing director, SACO Property Group
• Baptiste Valois, Concept and design manager, Aparthotels Adagio
• Marcel Lindt, Director of business development, Frasers Hospitality
The conception, delivery and operation of two innovative projects:
• Nest Geneva - Tara Wondraczek, managing director
• Vision Apartments, Zurich - Moussa Samake, head of sales
A round up of the day's events from host Piers Brown