Terms and Conditions
Delegates and companies attending Serviced Apartment Summit Europe
1. Serviced Apartment Summit Europe reserves the right to refuse entry to any person seeking to attend the seminar.
2. Serviced Apartment Summit Europe may take payment from people who it is then deemed are not suitable or do not qualify for attendance of the event. In such instances the full money of the applying delegate will be refunded inside 30 days.
3. Any delegate demonstrating loud, rowdy or disruptive behaviour at any time during proceedings on 12 and 13 July 2016 may be asked to leave the seminar and the hotel. In this event no refunds of the seminar fees will be given.
4. Except in the case of a non-qualifying delegate (as detailed in clause 2 above) once a qualifying delegate has registered to attend no refunds or retrospective discounts whatsoever will be given. However, if a delegate has booked and then chooses not to attend, the place can be reallocated to another person without any administration fee.
5. International Hospitality Media Ltd is the organiser of the event. They are not responsible for the individual comments, remarks or presentations made by the speakers or any other public comments made by delegates attending the event. International Hospitality Media Ltd hereby indemnifies themselves from any liability for any of the content (including inaccuracies) of the speeches and presentations made.
6. Serviced Apartment Summit Europe has made every effort to ensure the information provided about the speakers addressing the event is accurate. In the event that any one of the speakers cannot honour their commitment to speak and attend the event, no refunds will be given. However, International Hospitality Media Ltd will use their best endeavours to find suitable replacements.
7. Delegates taking accommodation at the conference venue will be allocated a room by the hotel. Any complaints about the room or the associated service should be directed to the hotel manager.
8. Serviced Apartment Summit Europe will make every attempt to ensure the agenda progresses to time and the subjects promoted get fully covered.
9. Conference hosts suggest that delegates purchase travel insurance to cover prepaid, nonrefundable travel expenses, such as airfare and conference registration fees in the event of flight delays caused by severe weather; illness or family emergencies; and other unforeseen circumstances that may prevent you from attending.